• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

5'11" 145lbs and losing weight.. help?

Mafioso

Bluelight Crew
i just got a job installing solar panels for commercial buildings. i've been working out in the sun doing manual labor for about 2 months now and in that time i've lost about 5, maybe 6 lbs. i try to eat as much as i can but i'm guessing my appetite is not very strong because i find myself wanting to quit eating 2/3's the way through a meal. also i don't like eating a big ass meal then going back to work out in the sun, maybe swinging a shovel or lifting things..sounds like a good way to vomit to me.

I want to put on 15-20lbs and keep a regular work out schedule but i don't know how to eat right to be honest. i only have two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch during my 10 hour days at work, not including commute time so its hard to space my meals properly. does anyone know of high protien/energy foods that i can take to work and eat on my breaks? also if someone could recommend a weight gainer i'd appreciate it.. i always get lost in all the different kinds and brands. and any suggestions as to how to gain/keep weight would be appreciated. thanks.

Protein bars would be easy to pack with you out working. My husband suffers from an immune disorder and lost a lot of weight and has been trying to gain.....(He is 6'6" and around 155)

My brother too- I know my brother likes the Snickers Protein Bars-
My hubby likes Odwalla Bars, the Big 100 bars.......I'll ask him what his favorite bars are.
My husbands Dr. told him that everytime he eats he needs to also eat a high fat- like half of an avocado or a handful of nuts......Dark Chocolate too will help to slow the processing of the food.

My diet mostly consists of things that don't require any preparation.

Sometimes I'll drink a shotglass of extra virgin olive oil or eat a couple ounces of nuts. Fat has the highest calories by mass and both are very high in it.

Fruit
Cottage Cheese
Whole Milk
Eggs

Can it get any healthier than a cup of cottage cheese(no salt added) followed by a shot of oil and a piece of fruit?

i've actually been eating 2 protien bars, 1-2 sandwiches, an apple/banana, cup of yogurt, maybe a granolla bar and some chips at work and still losing weight.. =/ im literally eating from the time my breaks start until the time i have to go back to work. i guess i'll have to eat quicker and start bringing more to work..?